Before a software is developed, it's important to think about the problem you want to solve with this software. We want to automate a previously manual step when creating task representing an abscence (we track holidays, sickdays and other off days with ClickUp tasks). This cannot be achieved with ClickUp Automations because we cannot create an ClickUp Automation that assigns tags based on the task name. When a task is created in the abscence-list, the following thing should happen:
- Is no tag assigned, a new tag is assigned based on the task name
- when the task name contains "illness" or similar keywords, "krankenstand" (german word for sick day) is assigned as tag
- when the task name contains "holiday" or similar keywords, "urlaub" (german word for vacation) is assigned as tag
- when the task name contains phrases associated with special leave (birth of a child, moving day, etc.), "ef" is assigned as tag
- Is the task not assigned to someone, it is automatically assigned to the person creating the task
The Azure Function is deployed with Visual Studio Code or using a Github Action. Now tasks that are created in the defined list are automatically given the correct tag and can no longer be unassigned.
The cost of these automations always depends on the complexity of the executed function. We recommend to track the average duration of the Azure Function in the Azure Portal. This value can then be entered in the pricing calculator. In our case this function is executed less than 1000 times a month and takes on average less than 1000ms. This means no cost is accumulated.
Do you need assistance automating your processes? Reach out to schedule an informal meeting.